Skip to main content

I will sit anywhere and listen to your stories

I will sit with you in the bar with a bottle of frozen cold beer in our hands.
We will talk amidst the buzz and haze, eye to eye, lips to ear, lips to lips.
We will get drunk.
We will let ourselves get lost in dizziness and rubbish talks.
I will listen to all of your drunken stories.
You will laugh at it, laugh out loud for no apparent reasons.
And I will listen to your stories.

I will sit with you in the beach with a glass of thirst-quenching smoothie in our hands.
We will talk amidst the heat and sweat, eye to eye, lips to ear, lips to lips.
We will plunge into the sea.
We will let the saltwater heals the wounds of our skin and soul.
I will listen to all of your past heartaches.
You will laugh at it, marveling how time indeed heals.
And I will listen to your stories.

I will sit with you in the porch with a cup of coffee in our hands.
We will talk amidst the breeze and the chirps of the birds, eye to eye, lips to ear, lips to lips.
We will relax our shoulders, close our eyes, and keep quite.
We will let ourselves feel the peace silence brings.
I will listen to you talk in silence, listen you breathe.
You will smile thinking how amazing conversations are even without words.
And I will listen to your stories.

I will sit with you anywhere with anything in our hands.
We will talk amidst anything, eye to eye, lips to ear, lips to lips.
We will do anything we want to do or nothing if you want to.
We will let ourselves be – lost, discovered, loved.
I will listen to anything you say.
You will smile thinking you have found the one. You have found me.
And I will listen to your stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cats and dogs

Cats and dogs outside, Lil ants and rats inside; I lay here hugging my pillow tight, As I think of you tonight. Can this rain course my thoughts to you, And make you think of me too. These cats and dogs will be over soon, And these thoughts of you will just be written in the moon.

"The Tomato Syndrome"

Below is my Basic Speech Project #1 piece. I opted to remove personal facts though. :) “Decide that you want it more than you’re afraid of it”, a line that has been my mantra these days. I believe most of us have some things that we fear of, right? Me, I’m afraid to talk or speak in front of an audience. Audience, guests, fellow toastmasters, ladies and gentlemen, good evening! Speaking in front of many people has always been a dreadful situation for me. This is because of some physical effect. I call it “the tomato syndrome”. This is a self-diagnosed condition wherein when I am tense, my body temperature will rise. If I touch my skin, I could feel the hot flashes as if I’m burning. I will have rashes all over my body, especially on my face. And I will look like an almost rotten tomato. I will have this some sort of allergic reaction when I get nervous. So I stay away from situations that would make me nervous. I excuse myself from spotlights, stage talks like this...

Ana Molly

"Ana Molly" - got the name from the title of a song by Incubus She had only been gone 30 minutes in the bright light. Yet, the rays of the excruciating sun already burned Ana Molly’s skin. She had to step out, had to be out, to show off her assumed beauty. There are a number of people, she saw. It’s a good crowd for a display, she thought.  She cursed the sun; yet there she is, eyeing the handsome man in his blue board-shorts. Ana Molly must get his attention. The handsome man is paying no attention to her at all. She must do something. She must get near him. Her skin is a skin that has been medically enhanced. She spent half her monthly earnings to maintain the acquired white and flawless complexion. Ana Molly is in panic. “My gad, my skin”, she groaned. She can’t afford to damage her skin, much more her face. Then, Ana Molly found a lone hat in the corner, resting upon an old branch. It’s sophisticatedly brown, beautiful -- classy. The hat has a lot of purpos...